KMM is currently seeking a PROJECT MANAGER to join our team, reporting to the Program Director / Director of Operations. The Project Manager will have experience in all areas of Tower Construction, Technical Services, Tower and Ground Maintenance, Wireless Infrastructure implementation, and Project Budget management. Responsible for the management of all designated projects and their associated budgets and schedules, including coordinating all deliverables and requirements of the entire cross-functional project team. Ensure all projects are completed per the underlying contract and to mutually agreed upon timelines of the customer and KMM and are in accordance with KMM’s policies and procedures. The position will be based in our Northeast office location however extensive travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage assigned projects from inception to completion, ensuring that all activities, including contracting, site acquisition, RF design, product/equipment ordering, zoning, permitting regulatory, backhaul, construction, optimization, close-out, and efficiently coordinated and completed on time within budget and in accordance with the underlying contract.
- Manage all external vendors and coordinate with internal teams necessary for timely completion and within budget.
- Develop an accurate project plan, scope and budget for all assigned projects, modify as needed and direct close-out of completed jobs including the receipt of all required documentation and managing scope creep.
- Lead internal and external deployment meetings with other managers and team members to review the status of each job and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely project completion.
- Travel and attend customer deployment meetings to provide customer with comprehensive job status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate close-out documents are distributed in a timely manner in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system, invoiced and closed with complete accuracy.
- Ensure that KMM management and customers are aware of issues that will impact timely project completion or cost, and pro-actively seek to identify and communicate any schedule and budget risks.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL SETS:
- Ability to read and understand blueprints along with civil inside & outside plant construction methods and tower/roof top structural details.
- Ability to read and understand contracts.
- Ability to direct the diagnosis of work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies.
- Ability to read and understand financial metrics and identify remedies to financial issues.
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach.
- Ability to manage and process multiple data streams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of construction services (ordering and installation): Telco, power, fiber, basic construction, vendor equipment requirements, antennas, generator and shelter.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of wireless project management experience.
- Managing project budgets or related financial experience.
- Customer-facing project management experience.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wages
- Insurance benefits
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Personal Days
- Annual bonus, based on performance and annual profitability
If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications, apply here.