KMM Telecommunications is currently seeking a TELECOM ESTIMATOR to join our team, reporting to the Program Director / Director of Operations. The Telecom Estimator is responsible for preparing and completing bid/submittal documents and cost estimates and forecasting costs for potential telecom construction projects. Requires a thorough understanding of wireless construction and operation: new site builds, line & antenna upgrades, system maintenance, etc. The position will be based in our North-East office location however travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare estimates for potential construction projects.
- Review specification information and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Organize bid components to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Perform takeoffs on blueprints (i.e., circuiting and scaling drawings, counting devices and equipment, etc.).
- Consult with clients, vendors, foreman/superintendents, and project managers to discuss and formulate estimates.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes/adjustments to cost estimates.
- Review and finalize bids to make sure bid is accurate and complete. Follow up on completed bids to ensure receipt and outcome.
- Attend job site walk throughs as necessary.
- Maintain positive relationships with fellow co-workers, customers, suppliers, and vendors. Take the lead to contact appropriate parties (consultant, engineer, owner, etc.) to answer and/or clarify any questions and ambiguities.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL SETS:
- Ability to analyze and adjust productivity rates and level of effort based on specific job conditions
- Invite, collect, analyze and scope subcontractor bids
- Ability to conceptually estimate preliminary drawings and sketches
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Deadline conscious and compliant
- Ability to prepare and tailor proposals from templates to project specific proposals
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with clients via e-mail and phone and in person
- Must attend pre-bid / pre-construction meetings and visit sites to decipher and observe existing conditions that will help prepare the estimate
- Ability to regularly follow up on work previously bid
- Ability to transition a successful bid from estimating to project management
- Ability to review and price impacts of bid package and specifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical training
- Five years of wireless construction experience and five years of wireless estimating experience
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wages
- Insurance benefits
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Personal Days
- Annual bonus, based on performance and annual profitability
If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications, apply here.