KMM is currently seeking a number of Tower Climbers Level 3 to join our team. The positions will be based in PNW, NorCal, SoCal, Texas, Georgia and the Northeast, however extensive travel will be required.
Performs installation, inspection and maintenance services for wireless radio and antenna systems on towers, rooftops and other elevated structures. May perform light civil scopes in support of radio systems cabling & grounding, interconnects or DC power distribution. Required on site daily at construction site(s). Travel with extended stays required where site locations dictate.
- Perform installation, inspection and maintenance scopes as directed.
- Assist assigned Tower Tech Foreman in planning site activities.
- Direct lower level Tower Technicians in execution of the daily safety and work plan in keeping with supervisor direction.
- Document subcontractor hours and material deliveries as directed. May work closely with radio systems installation technicians.
- Ensure safety and quality control requirements are adhered to.
- Assist with daily paperwork & compile all site-specific closeout documentation for your work effort.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles in an operational condition at all times.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug test.
Supervision Received: Tower Tech Foreman District Manager; Supervising Specialist; Lead Specialist
Supervision Given: Lower Level Tower Technicians; Employees assigned to project (including contract employees); Subcontractors
Internal Contacts: All employees on project
External Contacts: Suppliers; Subcontractors; Client; Site Owner
- Four (4) years industry experience.
- Specific experience with microwave systems and/or wireless carrier builds.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and driver history that complies with company motor vehicle policy.
- Must have or obtain documented Authorized Climber or Competent Climber & Rescue certification from a NATE Recognized Tower Training Program.
- Must have or obtain OSHA Construction 10 HR Safety Training Card issued by the US Department of Labor.
- Must have or obtain First Aid and CPR certification.
- Certified in all connector applications and be able to demonstrate.
- Must have or obtain Anritsu Site Master Certification. PIM tester certification a plus.
- Certifications in various manufacturer short haul microwave radio systems a plus.
Demonstrated knowledge of and installation/test experience with: a) cellular antennas/mounting, b) coaxial systems & diplexers, c) remote electrical downtilts/Bias-Ts, d) site & equipment grounding, e) antenna mounts for all structure types, f) sweep/PIM testing, g) remote radio heads, h) fiber/DC power hybrid cables, i) power over Ethernet (POE) systems, j) civils/tower construction & quality assurance practices and k) construction safety practices. Ability to read engineering construction drawings & redline as needed. Ability to perform antenna systems sweeps.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when required.
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend, twist, squat and lift 75 lbs. and pull his/her own body weight plus equipment weight up a vertical tower repeatedly for long periods of time (a fit for duty test may be applied).
- Must be comfortable climbing & working at heights on towers, rooftops, water towers and other elevated structures.
The ideal candidate will possess strong oral and written communication skills with the instinctive ability to be adaptable to an ever-changing environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Insurance benefits
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Personal Days
- Annual bonus, based on performance and annual profitability
If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications, apply here.