KMM is currently seeking a number of Tower Climber Level 4 – Supervisors to join our team. The positions will be based in PNW, NorCal, SoCal, Texas, Georgia and the Northeast, however extensive travel will be required.
Performs installation, inspection and maintenance services for wireless radio and antenna systems on towers, rooftops and other elevated structures. May perform light civil scopes in support of radio systems cabling & grounding, interconnects or DC power distribution. Required on site daily at construction site(s). Travel with extended stays required where site locations dictate.
- Perform installation, inspection and maintenance scopes as directed.
- Assist Construction Manager in planning site activities.
- Direct lower level Tower Technicians and crews in execution of the daily safety and work plan.
- Document subcontractor hours and material deliveries as directed. May work closely with radio systems installation technicians.
- Ensure safety and quality control requirements are adhered to.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles in an operational condition at all times.
- Maintain project timeline(s).
- Complete daily per site field reports.
- Complete daily per site Job Safety Analysis.
- Provide site scope input.
- Collect all on-site closeout documentation and submit to the closeout manager per the deliverable timelines.
- Review all on-site closeout documentation for accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
- Comtrain and Tower Rescue certifications must be current.
- Responsible for site crew quality, timeliness, accuracy and schedule.
- Lead work on tower top ensuring that a quality installation has been performed, including rigging, hoisting, landing, fastening, load-hopping etc.
- Installation of up-top equipment including masts, clamping, bracing, supports, antennas, RRUs, cabling, bolting, true-ing up, shooting proper azimuth within tolerances, reading maps and a compass, torqueing to spec, labeling, picture-taking, documentation, plumb and tilt readings with smart level, etc.
- Perform coax, fiber, lines, and hybrid cable installation, connector installation, sweep and testing assisting, weather proofing, color-coding, labeling, etc. connect coax feedlines and jumpers per piping diagrams, and support and fasten adequately for a quality, lasting installation.
- Do grounding, terminations, fastening, proper bolting and antioxidant use, support of leads, cadwelding as required, etc.
- Must know how to read and understand drawings, piping diagrams, job specifications, mounting specs, testing procedures, etc. Must be able to work in a team environment, supervise crews and be a valued member of the team and the company.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug test.
Supervision Received: Construction Manager, Project Manager, District Manager; Supervising Specialist; Lead Specialist
Supervision Given: Lower Level Tower Technicians; Employees assigned to project (including contract employees); Subcontractors
Internal Contacts: All employees on project
External Contacts: Suppliers; Subcontractors; Client; Site Owner
- Five to seven (5-7) years industry experience.
- Specific experience with microwave systems and/or wireless carrier builds.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and driver history that complies with company motor vehicle policy.
- Must have or obtain documented Authorized Climber or Competent Climber & Rescue certification from a NATE Recognized Tower Training Program.
- Must have or obtain OSHA Construction 10 HR Safety Training Card issued by the US Department of Labor.
- Must have or obtain First Aid and CPR certification.
- Certified in all connector applications and be able to demonstrate.
- Must have or obtain Anritsu Site Master Certification. PIM tester certification a plus.
- Certifications in various manufacturer short haul microwave radio systems a plus.
Demonstrated knowledge of and installation/test experience with: a) cellular antennas/mounting, b) coaxial systems & diplexers, c) remote electrical downtilts/Bias-Ts, d) site & equipment grounding, e) antenna mounts for all structure types, f) sweep/PIM testing, g) remote radio heads, h) fiber/DC power hybrid cables, i) power over Ethernet (POE) systems, j) civils/tower construction & quality assurance practices and k) construction safety practices. Ability to read engineering construction drawings & redline as needed. Ability to perform antenna systems sweeps.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when required.
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend, twist, squat and lift 75 lbs. and pull his/her own body weight plus equipment weight up a vertical tower repeatedly for long periods of time (a fit for duty test may be applied).
- Must be comfortable climbing and working at heights on towers, rooftops, water towers and other elevated structures.
The ideal candidate will possess strong oral and written communication skills with the instinctive ability to be adaptable to an ever-changing environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Insurance benefits
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Personal Days
- Annual bonus, based on performance and annual profitability
If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications, apply here.